Quality Engineer Job Vacancy
Posted 11th March 2021 By Lestercast Limited
The main responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Assist in developing, monitoring, and maintaining company quality systems.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve problems following the 8D process when required.
- Evaluate and create PPAP, FAIR, and inspection reports of new and changed product.
- Manage the implementation of engineering changes.
- Conduct internal and external audits of processes and products.
- Monitor cost of poor quality and drive improvements.
Skills and Experience
- An engineering background, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and ideally of IATF 16949 standards.
- Good problem-solving attitude.
- Must be able to read component level engineering drawings and have a good understanding of measurement techniques.
- Experienced in auditing processes and systems.
- A good understanding of Quality Core Tools is important (8D, 5Y, MSA, PFMEA, Control Plans etc).
- A team player with a pro-active approach and the ability to work on own initiative.
- A good communicator with the ability to liaise effectively with customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge or experience of casting processes would be preferred but is not essential.
The salary for this position will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply please send your CV to:
Lindsey Braimbridge, HR Administrator, Lestercast Ltd, Investment Casting Centre, Ireton Avenue, Leicester, LE4 9EU or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org